Shipping calculated at checkout
Out of stock
The HI774 Ultra Low Range Phosphate Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) is a cost-effective way to measure phosphate in marine systems, including reef tanks. Testing for phosphates is standard practice for saltwater aquariums and provides valuable insight into your reef tank's water chemistry to help ensure long-term coral health. Phosphates are one of the many forms of phosphorus compounds found in marine waters. Excessive phosphate levels can prevent calcification, skeletal formation, and growth of many coral species, particularly those referred to as SPS or small-polyp stony. In addition, high phosphate levels can cause nuisance algae growth in your reef tank. This can become problematic because algae often outcompetes sessile organisms for light, nutrients, and space, jeopardizing long term coral health in your reef.
- Take our portable handheld colorimeter anywhere.
- Simple, one-button design makes getting your results easy.
- Improve your technology and upgrade from your standard test kit.
The HI774 Checker® HC (Handheld Colorimeter) provides a simple, accurate and cost effective way to measure phosphate from 0.00 to 0.90 ppm. Phosphorus is an important parameter to measure in aquaculture and aquariums; levels that are too high can lead to extensive algae growth, depleted dissolved oxygen levels, and ultimately can be fatal to many types of fish and aquatic life. Designed as a more accurate alternative to chemical test kits, the HI774 provides quick, accurate results in a few easy steps.
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits
- Dedicated to a single parameter
- Small size, big convenience
- Ideal for: Aquariums, Environmental, Aquaculture, Water Quality